Java XML and JSON is your one-stop guide to mastering the XML metalanguage and JSON data format along with significant Java APIs for parsing and creating XML/JSON documents (and more). The first six chapters focus on XML along with the SAX, DOM, StAX, XPath, and XSLT APIs. The remaining four chapters focus on JSON along with the mJson, GSON, and JsonPath APIs.
Each chapter ends with select exercises designed to challenge your grasp of the chapter's content. An appendix provides the answers to these exercises.
What You'll Learn
- Master the XML language
- Learn how to validate XML documents
- Learn how to parse XML documents with the SAX, DOM, and StAX APIs
- Learn how to create XML documents with the DOM and StAX APIs
- Learn how to extract values from XML documents with the XPath API
- Learn how to transform XML documents with the XSLT API
- Master the JSON format
- Learn how to validate JSON documents
- Learn how to parse and create JSON documents with the mJson and Gson APIs
- Learn how to extract values from JSON documents with the JsonPath API
Who This Book Is For
Intermediate or advanced Java programmers/developers.