'Arabiyyat al-Naas fii MaSr (Part One) offers a ground-breaking introduction to Arabic as it is written and spoken by native speakers.
It combines a progressive and rigorous grounding in Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), the register employed for reading, writing and formal speaking, with an innovative integration of the dominant Egyptian variety. Introducing the two simultaneously and seamlessly building on their shared features, 'Arabiyyat al-Naas fii MaSr (Part One) uses each in its proper context: Egyptian dialect for conversations and MSA for reading and writing activities. In this way, the course efficiently prepares students for the practical realities of learning and living Arabic today.
- Expanded grammar explanations and activation drills, including discussions about colloquial and formal similarities and differences
- A series of authentic video-clips recorded in Egypt to help learners revise the vocabulary and structures then learn unit by unit
- Extensive classroom activities and homework exercises that provide constant review to reinforce learning
- Arabic-English and English-Arabic glossaries, reference charts, and a grammar index
- Songs with simple lyrics tied to the themes of the course to help advance vocabulary acquisition and understanding of basic grammatical structures
- A companion website (www.routledge.com/cw/weatherspoon) that features fully integrated interactive, self-correcting exercises, audio and video materials, and additional online course management and grading options for teachers
- A user-friendly and vibrant text design with full colour, richly illustrated throughout with over two hundred illustrations and photos
- A teachers manual with an Arabic introduction for the teacher, which lays out the structure of the student course book, its methodology and directions and suggestions for its use.
Written by experienced teachers of Arabic and experts in Arabic teaching pedagogy, 'Arabiyyat al-Naas fii MaSr (Part One) is an essential resource for students beginning to learn Arabic.