Understand .NET memory management internal workings, pitfalls, and techniques in order to effectively avoid a wide range of performance and scalability problems in your software. Despite automatic memory management in .NET, there are many advantages to be found in understanding how .NET memory works and how you can best write software that interacts with it efficiently and effectively. Pro .NET Memory Management is your comprehensive guide to writing better software by understanding and working with memory management in .NET.
The book includes 25 scenarios showing you how to diagnose memory problems and 26 rules on how to write memory-aware code and avoid common pitfalls. Author Konrad Kokosa takes you behind the scenes of .NET memory management and tells you what you need to know, how to do it, and why.
The book has been thoroughly reviewed by Maoni Stephens, lead .NET GC developer at Microsoft, and by other .NET team members.
What You'll Learn
- Understand the theoretical underpinnings of automatic memory management
- Take a deep dive into every aspect of .NET memory management, including detailed coverage of GC implementation
- Explore advanced memory management, including use of Span and Memory^
- Get practical advice on how this knowledge can be applied in real-world software development
- Use practical knowledge of tools related to .NET memory management to diagnose various memory-related issues
Who This Book Is For
Junior and senior .NET developers, solution architects, and performance engineers.