This workbook is designed to help you as you work together with a qualified mental health professional to overcome your depression. The program described will help you develop a set of coping strategies and skills so that you can proactively deal with depression and prevent it from compromising your quality of life.
Based on the idea that depression is a "beast" to be tamed, the treatment utilizes an acronym to help you understand the goals of treatment. You will work with your therapist to understand the biology of depression, as well as how your emotions, your activity level, the situations you find yourself in, and the thoughts you have all contribute to your depression (the BEAST). This treatment is scientifically proven and can be used in conjunction with medication.
Filled with worksheets and forms for completing in-session exercises, as well as at-home assignments, this workbook provides all the tools you need to successfully overcome your depression and prevent future relapse.Treatments
TM represents the gold standard of behavioral healthcare interventions!
- All programs have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and are backed by years of research
- A prestigious scientific advisory board, led by series Editor-In-Chief David H. Barlow, reviews and evaluates each intervention to ensure that it meets the highest standard of evidence so you can be confident that you are using the most effective treatment available to date
- Our books are reliable and effective and make it easy for you to provide your clients with the best care available
- Our corresponding workbooks contain psychoeducational information, forms and worksheets, and homework assignments to keep clients engaged and motivated
- A companion website (www.oup.com/us/ttw
) offers downloadable clinical tools and helpful resources
- Continuing Education (CE) Credits are now available on select titles in collaboration with PsychoEducational Resources, Inc. (PER)